This is a beautiful art project that comes together with just torn paper and glue. Because it requires so few materials, this would make a great project for one of the worldwide conferences happening -- you could even make a large collaborative collage with all the participants at the conference!
- Torn paper or paper scraps
- begin by tearing sheets of paper lengthwise in a way that creates a jagged line, like mountain peaks.
- continue tearing more lengths of paper in different colors.
- layer your torn paper scraps in any way that pleases you to create an abstract landscape. I used a light blue background to look like the sky.
- add details like clouds, animals, trees made of torn paper... anything you think would enhance your landscape!
- after arranging your layers, glue them down and let it dry!
You could even make cards by creating a mini landscape on the front of a pre-folded card, then give it to a neighbor or a friend.